IN THE NEWS
MSL CPAs & Advisors was recently selected as one of the 2018 Orlando Sentinel Top 100 Companies. The list was created by the Orlando Sentinel and Best Companies Group.
This award program identifies, recognizes and honors the best places of employment in Central Florida, reviewing the organizations’ benefits to the region’s economy, businesses, and workforce. Companies are evaluated on several factors, including workplace policies, employee experience, practices, philosophy, and systems.
“We are proud to have been recognized by the Orlando Sentinel as one of the top 100 companies to work for in Central Florida,” said Bill Miller, Jr., CPA, President, and Shareholder of MSL. “Our company strives to be a place where employees feel engaged and look forward to serving our customers day after day, marking just one of the reasons we have successfully operated in Central Florida for over 40 years.”
DAN O’KEEFE APPOINTED TO SEMINOLE STATE COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
MSL Shareholder, Dan O’Keefe, has been appointed by Gov. Rick Scott to the Seminole State College District Board of Trustees for a four-year term!
O’Keefe, 62, of Longwood, has served as the managing shareholder for the Orlando office of MSL CPAs & Advisors since 2005.
JOEL KNOPP NAMED SHAREHOLDER AT MSL CPAS AND ADVISORS
Orlando, FL-January 15, 2018 - MSL CPAs and Advisors, a regional certified public accounting and advisory services firm, is proud to announce that Joel Knopp, CPA, has been admitted to the Shareholder group, effective January 1, 2018.
ALEX BRINISTER NAMED SHAREHOLDER AT MSL CPAS AND ADVISORS
Orlando, FL-January 15, 2018 - MSL CPAs and Advisors, a regional certified public accounting and advisory services firm, is proud to announce that Alex Brinister, MSA, has been admitted to the Shareholder group, effective January 1, 2018.
BILL BLEND CPA, CFE, APPOINTED TREASURER OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE SEMINOLE COUNTY REGIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
MSL is pleased to announce that Bill Blend, CPA, CFE, has been appointed Treasurer of the Executive Committee of the Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Bill is a Shareholder and a member of MSL’s Governmental Practice Group. He is the Firm's Shareholder in charge of Quality Control and has over 25 years of public and private sector accounting experience.
MSL TO SUPPORT THE FLORIDA HEALTH CARE ASSOCIATION AS A PLATINUM LEGACY DONOR FOR THE ASSOCIATION'S NEW EDUCATION AND TRAINING CENTER
MSL is honored to be a $100,000 Platinum Legacy Donor for the Florida Health Care Association's new Education and Training Center. The Association’s current headquarters is limited and no longer equipped to meet their space needs. It’s time to invest in the future and enhance the existing building and infrastructure, and in turn, elevate the quality of how the association meets members’ needs.
FHCA’s Education and Training Center will foster an environment suited to the needs of the members served, with nearly 6,000 square feet of accessible indoor/outdoor meeting space and state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment to keep pace with the technologies that help improve how content is delivered. The new center will have the capacity to serve nearly 200 attendees, with options to hold smaller events for groups requiring more intimate setting.
JULIE BAIRD HONORED BY GREAT MIAMI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Julie Baird a Shareholder, leader of the Firm's Miami office and the chairwoman of the Firm’s Board of Directors was recognized by the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce with the Banking/Finance Award at the Salute to Miami’s Leaders Awards luncheon.
Julie has been involved with the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce for more than 15 years. MSL has been a Trustee member of the chamber for many years and a frequent sponsor of the NOVO Awards. Julie is a member of the chamber’s Board of Directors, the Not-For-Profit and Business Committee and the Finance Committee. Julie is an Alumna of Leadership Miami and has participated as a judge for the NOVO Awards.
COMMUNITY RAINBOW RUN HONORING VICTIMS OF THE PULSE TRAGEDY
MSL participated in the 4.9k @CommUNITY Rainbow Run on June 12th, the one year anniversary of the Pulse tragedy to honor the 49 lives that were lost and to celebrate the diverse backgrounds that brought everyone together in the healing process following that tragic day.
Visit the One Pulse Foundation website at onepulsefoundation.org for more info and to find out how you can help. We will not let hate win. We will stand united. We are One Pulse. We are One Orlando.
Florida Government Finance Officers Association
June 9 - 14, 2018 – Marriot World Center, Orlando, FL
Florida Health Care Association
July 15 - 19, 2018 – Annual Conference, Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, FL
July 28 - August 1, 2018 – 55th Annual Convention & Exposition, Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Kissimmee, FL
Florida Government Finance Officers Association
June 8 - 12, 2019 – Annual Conference, Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, FL
Florida Health Care Association
August 4 - 8, 2019 – Annual Conference, Hyatt Orlando, Orlando, FL
- Oct 15, 2019 Setting up a Health Savings Account for your small business Oct 15, 2019
- Oct 10, 2019 Understanding and controlling the unemployment tax costs of your business Oct 10, 2019
- Oct 8, 2019 ALERT! CMS Announces Changes to Nursing Home Compare Oct 8, 2019
- Oct 2, 2019 The chances of an IRS audit are low, but business owners should be prepared Oct 2, 2019
- Sep 23, 2019 How to treat your business website costs for tax purposes Sep 23, 2019
- Sep 19, 2019 5 ways to withdraw cash from your corporation while avoiding dividend treatment Sep 19, 2019
- Sep 5, 2019 The tax implications of a company car Sep 5, 2019
- Aug 27, 2019 Medicaid Rate Updates Aug 27, 2019
- Aug 22, 2019 Should you elect S corporation status? Aug 22, 2019
- Aug 19, 2019 The IRS is targeting business transactions in bitcoin and other virtual currencies Aug 19, 2019
- Aug 15, 2019 What to do if your business receives a “no-match” letter Aug 15, 2019
- Aug 11, 2019 THE ORLANDO SENTINEL NAMES MSL CPAs & ADVISORS A WINNER OF THE ORLANDO TOP WORKPLACES 2019 AWARD Aug 11, 2019
- Aug 8, 2019 Take a closer look at home office deductions Aug 8, 2019
- Jul 22, 2019 Businesses can utilize the same information IRS auditors use to examine tax returns Jul 22, 2019
- Jul 17, 2019 It’s a good time to buy business equipment and other depreciable property Jul 17, 2019
- Jul 12, 2019 M&A transactions: Avoid surprises from the IRS Jul 12, 2019
- Jul 1, 2019 Bartering: A taxable transaction even if your business exchanges no cash Jul 1, 2019
- Jun 28, 2019 2019 Q3 tax calendar: Key deadlines for businesses and other employers Jun 28, 2019
- Jun 26, 2019 Which entity is most suitable for your new or existing business? Jun 26, 2019
- Jun 19, 2019 Hiring this summer? You may qualify for a valuable tax credit Jun 19, 2019
- Jun 6, 2019 Employers: Be aware (or beware) of a harsh payroll tax penalty Jun 6, 2019
- May 31, 2019 Hurricane Season Financial Tips May 31, 2019
- Apr 24, 2019 Proposed Medicare Rule for FY 2019 Released Apr 24, 2019
- Apr 24, 2019 Florida Nursing Home: Fair Rental Value Survey - Due April 30, 2019 Apr 24, 2019
- March 2019
- Oct 25, 2018 Employee Benefit Plans Report Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 Accounting Standards Update 2018-11—Leases (Topic 842): Targeted Improvements Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 AICPA Report (SAS and SSARS) Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Updates Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 SEC and PCAOB Developments since July 2018 Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 2, 2018 Dan O’Keefe appointed to Seminole State College District Board of Trustees Oct 2, 2018
- August 2018
- Jul 17, 2018 Accounting Guidance for Contributions to Not-for-Profit Groups Is Clarified (ASU No. 2018-08) Jul 17, 2018
- Jul 12, 2018 SEC and PCAOB Developments Jul 12, 2018
- Jul 9, 2018 EBP UPDATE Jul 9, 2018
- Jun 12, 2018 A&A Updates Jun 12, 2018
- Apr 2, 2018 IMPORTANT NOTICE: Complete your Florida Nursing Home: Fair Rental Value Survey by 4/30/18 Apr 2, 2018
- Mar 26, 2018 Accounting Standards Update significant changes of not-for-profits financial reporting requirements Mar 26, 2018
- Feb 26, 2018 Governmental Update: Implementation Dates of Existing GASBs Effective for FY 17 Audits Feb 26, 2018
- Feb 20, 2018 PCAOB Publishes Staff Inspection Brief Previewing 2016 Inspection Findings Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 12, 2018 Employee Benefit Plans Update Feb 12, 2018
- Feb 7, 2018 Accounting Alert – Implementation of FASB Standards Feb 7, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 Alex Brinister Named Shareholder at MSL CPAs and Advisors Jan 15, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 Joel Knopp Named Shareholder at MSL CPAs and Advisors Jan 15, 2018
- Jan 8, 2018 MSL Pulse January 2018 Jan 8, 2018
- Dec 11, 2017 MSL Pulse December 2017 Dec 11, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 2017 Business Tax Reform Update Dec 4, 2017
- Dec 1, 2017 TAX ALERT - Employee Retention Credit for Employers Affected By Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria Dec 1, 2017
- Nov 30, 2017 TAX REFORM: Comparison of Key Tax Provisions on House project and Senate Plans Nov 30, 2017
- Oct 3, 2017 Impact of FEMA funds associated with Hurricane Irma Oct 3, 2017
- Sep 18, 2017 Tax Alert #2 - Irma Tax Relief Expanded Across Florida Sep 18, 2017
- Sep 14, 2017 HURRICANE FINANCIAL TIPS FOR LONG-TERM CARE Sep 14, 2017
- Aug 15, 2017 ALERT: New Law Creates Ad Valorem Property Tax Exemption for Non-profit ALFs Aug 15, 2017
- Jul 15, 2017 Corporate America still counting on tax reform Jul 15, 2017
- Jun 19, 2017 PPS for Medicaid Approved Jun 19, 2017
- May 8, 2017 Proposed Tax Reform for 2017 May 8, 2017
- Apr 6, 2017 Medicare: Long-Term Care Apr 6, 2017
- Mar 10, 2017 2016 Tax Brackets Mar 10, 2017