Moore Stephens Lovelace, P.A. are currently looking for a Tax Supervisor to join our team:
The Tax Supervisor is an exempt position operating at a supervisory level within the Firm in order to analyze financial documents and prepare a variety of tax returns while strengthening client relationships. Must demonstrate superior accounting knowledge and technique while maintaining a minimum realization rate. The Tax Supervisor is primarily responsible for reviewing all workpapers before submission, identifying exposure areas and meeting all client needs. As this role oversees the work of more junior staff, established leadership skills are vital to success.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work closely with clients to advise business activities’ effects on taxes and develop strategies for minimizing tax liability.
2. Assist in management of client deadlines and their engagement responsibilities.
3. Review information provided by taxpayer to include material assets, income, surpluses, liabilities and expenditures in order to identify issues and prepare returns.
4. Examine and respond to client notices and inquiries from the IRS. Represent the tax payer before the IRS.
5. Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
6. Perform, supervise and evaluate all administrative and professional functions of subordinates.
7. Assist with interviewing, reviewing and training employees, and other duties as assigned.
1. Superior communication skills in order to develop professional network and promote Firm.
2. Maintain rapport with clients by strong relationship-building skills.
3. Demonstrate coaching & development skills to assist with team-building and motivating staff.
4. Ability to identify cross-selling opportunities among existing clients and work toward obtaining new business.
This position will directly supervise Interns, Staff & Senior positions while assuming full charge of all engagements and returns.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college.
2. Minimum of 4 - 6 years of relevant accounting experience.
3. State CPA license.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Obtained Master’s degree or actively pursuing Master’s degree in relevant subject area.
2. Continuing professional education (CPE) to attain certifications and increase industry expertise and specialization.
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com