William Blend, CPA, CFE
Bill Blend is a Shareholder and a member of the Firm’s Governmental Practice Group (GPG). He is the firm’s Shareholder in charge of Quality Control. Bill has over 23 years of public and private sector accounting experience. The goal of the GPG is to work as a team to guarantee the success of our clients.
Bill has performed audits on over 30 governmental entities including Counties, Municipalities, Utilities, Airports and Special Districts. He has been responsible for the planning of large, medium and small government audits. Through his career he has participated in all phases of an audit including; planning, performing, supervising, reviewing and preparing financial statements. He is qualified to perform audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards, Federal Single Audit Uniform Guidance, and Florida Single Audit requirements.
Beyond his qualifications for performing services for his governmental clients, he has also audited and performed consulting work for Not-for-Profit, Construction, Trucking, Health Care, and other Middle Market entities. Bill regularly performs training for organizations such as the FICPA, FGFOA, and internal MSL continuing education courses. He has been recognized by the FICPA as Outstanding Discussion Leader four times. He has also spoken in other States such as Massachusetts, Georgia, and Iowa. Bill authored the AICP’s yellow book update CPE session in 2015 and 2016.
Bill has completed over 80 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) in the areas of governmental accounting and auditing within the past two years. Bill is a certified fraud examiner. He has investigated several cases involving business fraud and has testified in court cases. Bill is also trained in the use of IDEA data mining software.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES
- BS in Accounting, Long Island University
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Florida
- CFE, Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce Finance Committee
- Florida Government Finance Officers Association
- FGFOA Conference Committee
- Instructor for the FGFOA and develops and teaches Firm auditing classes
- FICPA Discussion Leader – Ethics for Governmental CPAs in Florida
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member
- FICPA High School Coordinator for Seminole County
- Chairman of the Seminole County Issues Committee
- FICPA State and Local Government Committee
- Seminole Advisory Board Council