Long-Term Care Industry Specialist
Steve Jones serves as senior executive with Moore Stephens Lovelace. Steve has over 35 years of experience in public accounting, primarily serving clients in the long-term care industry. He focuses his practice on skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, and hospice organizations, providing reimbursement consulting services and serving as an advocate for his clients to various healthcare regulators and third-party payors.
Steve has had extensive involvement in the long-term care industry, both as a professional and as a member of industry policy committees. His experience includes:
- Financial audits, reviews, and compilations
- Reimbursement consulting and modeling
- Client representation in third-party payment audits
- Certificate of Need applications and hearings
- Pre-purchase due diligence
- Operation reviews
- Cost reporting
- Financial feasibility forecasts and projections
- Licensure applications
A few of Steve’s notable career accomplishments:
- Developing Florida benchmarking data for skilled nursing facilities
- Serving as the Firm’s primary representative to the Florida Health Care Association from 1986 to 2015
- Assistance reviewing and negotiating contracts with Medicaid managed care organizations
- Expert testimony at administrative hearings on Certificate of Need issues or issues arising from Medicaid audits.
- Coordinating provider response to zone program integrity audits as well as traditional third-party-payer audits.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- BSBA in Accounting, University of Florida
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Florida
- CGMA, Charted Global Management Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- FHCA, Advisor to Reimbursement Policy Committee
- Alzheimer’s Resource Center of Tallahassee, Emeritus and Founding Board Member
- Recipient of Willis J. Gregson Award as FHCA Associate Member of the Year
Steve authored monthly articles on reimbursement accounting and compliance issues for the Florida Health Care Association’s newsletter, and the Firm’s long-term care update e-letters for many years.