Stanley W. "Sandy" Swindling, Jr. CPA, MBA
Long-Term Care Facilities Consultant
Sandy is a Shareholder, leader of the Firm’s Healthcare Practice Group and a member of the Firm’s Long-Term Care Practice Group. Sandy has almost 40 years of experience providing comprehensive consulting services to long-term care facilities. Numerous skilled-nursing, intermediate care, mental health and psychiatric facilities have benefited from Sandy’s expertise in compliance matters and his ability to resolve complex issues specific to the healthcare industry.
Sandy’s experience and expertise includes:
- Reimbursement consulting and financial reporting services
- Litigation support
- Operational reviews
- Debt restructuring and strategic planning
- Consulting for Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement hearings
Sandy maintains a positive relationship with the AHCA and other regulatory healthcare organizations and has worked proactively with the state agency to develop interim Medicaid reimbursement methodology for use during state emergencies with revised overhead absorption for rate calculations.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- MBA, Florida Atlantic University
- BSBA in Accounting, University of Florida
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Wisconsin
AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Health Care Association
- LeadingAge Florida
PUBLICATIONS OR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Sandy frequently presents overviews of Medicare and Medicaid for organizations, including FICPA, FHCA, and LeadingAge Florida, and has given numerous presentations at the annual National Medicare/Medicaid Conference. Sandy has spoken at the National Investment Center (NIC) annual conference on Medicare regulatory updates and Medicaid reimbursement methodology.
Recipient of the FHCA Willis J. Gregson Award in 2009 as Associate Member of the Year