Michael Gossman, CPA, CFE, CFF
Audit, Attestation and Forensic Services
Mike Gossman is a Shareholder and the Firm’s Middle Market Practice Group leader. He is also a member of the Firm’s Audit and Attestation Practice Group. Mike began his career at one of the largest public accounting firms in the world, where he was an audit manager prior to joining MSL. He has approximately 20 years of experience in public accounting, providing auditing, business advisory and forensic services to companies in various industries.
Mike assists clients with the implementation of accounting standards updates, the design and implementation of internal control procedures, due diligence on mergers and acquisitions, and industry-specific business advisory services. He has been involved with initial public offerings and issuances of public debt.
Mike has provided forensic services to clients relating to fraud prevention and detection, fraud investigation, and embezzlement. These services have been used in connection with litigation support and matrimonial and probate matters. He serves in a commission auditor capacity for municipalities within the state of Florida. Mike provides fraud-prevention-and-detection presentations to compliance committees. He is also a guest lecturer on occupational fraud and abuse for graduate-level courses at state universities.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- BBA (cum laude) in Accounting, Florida Atlantic University
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Florida and Virginia
- CFE, Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified in Financial Forensics, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- CGMA, Chartered Global Management Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA), Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Member
- Historic Stranahan House Museum, Board President-Elect
- Leadership Broward, Alumnus (Class XXXI)
- Emerge Broward, Alumnus