PROVIDING LONG-TERM CARE PROVIDERS COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE IN ALL STAGES OF GROWTH, FROM FEASIBILITY AND CONSTRUCTION TO MATURITY AND EXPANSION
The nation’s population is aging, and senior care will be a critical segment of the healthcare industry for the coming decade. With increasing Medicare and Medicaid regulations and diminishing reimbursements, senior care providers are challenged with achieving their financial goals while managing residential services and workforce, staying technologically and conceptually current, and adhering to compliance requirements.
MSL is the leading provider of accounting and consulting services to Florida’s senior living and long-term care industry. Our 40-year professional relationship with the Florida Health Care Association (FHCA), originally the Florida Nursing Home Association, has garnered us a depth of knowledge and experience that positions us to represent a majority of nursing homes in Florida.
Recognized by government and industry alike, our team members have participated in the creation of historic legislation still in use today. Deeply rooted in Florida, we have direct personal relationships with governmental regulators, financing sources, and various professionals to help you meet your business goals.
MSL has extensive experience in providing accounting, auditing, tax, and reimbursement consulting services to senior living and long-term care organizations. The dominant provider of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement cost reports, we work with both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations and provide annual audit services to facilities that receive assistance from HUD.
MSL’s team of professionals recognizes the intricate weave of financial, legal, and regulatory issues within this critical industry. We provide our clients with the insight and resources to be successful.
Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), Independent- and Assisted-Living Facilities, Congregate and Active Adult Communities, Nursing Homes, Intermediate Care Facilities, Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals, Rehabilitation Hospitals, Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IIDs), Hospice Care Facilities
DEVELOPMENT/TRANSACTION SUPPORT SERVICES
- Market Analysis and Feasibility Studies
- Certificate of Need Applications
- Financial Modeling, Forecasts, Projections
- Buy/Sell: Mergers and Acquisitions Support Service
- Strategic and Business Plan Development
- Licensure and Program Enrollment Applications
OPERATIONAL AND MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SERVICES
- Benchmark and Analytical Review
- Financial Performance Improvement
- Revenue Cycle Enhancement including Third-Party Payor
- Risk Assessment
- Training: Reimbursement, Billing, HIPAA, Corporate Compliance, and Software
- Interim Spending Reviews
- Electronic Data Interface Consulting
- Fraud and Forensic Services
- Litigation Support
- Cost Report Preparation and Consulting
- Annual Financial Audits and Reviews
- Tax Reporting and Consulting
- Assistance with Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report Audits
- Benefit Plan Services
- Reimbursement Services
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Benchmarking
- Assistance with Unified Program Integrity Contractor (UPIC) Examinations
- Sheltered Bed Extensions