Julie A. Baird, CPA
Nonprofit and Healthcare Industry
Julie Baird is the Shareholder-in-Charge of the Miami Office and the Chairwoman of the Firm’s Board of Directors. She has over 30 years of experience in public accounting and has an advanced level of knowledge of governmental and nonprofit industry standards. Her ability to communicate the results of complex audits and maintain a current knowledge of compliance regulations is an asset to her clients.
Julie has extensive experience providing consulting and assurance services to assisted-living facilities, skilled-nursing facilities, mental health facilities, continuing care retirement facilities, HUD projects and nonprofit organizations who receive federal and state funding. She has performed the technical review of numerous governmental and nonprofit audits, and has considerable experience with governmental audits under OMB A-133 standards, with special reporting requirements for entities receiving state and federal funding, and with Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) reporting requirements.
To remain up-to-date on Yellow Book, OMB A-133, and HUD reporting requirements, Julie attends the FICPA and AICPA Not-for-Profit Conferences, and is an active member of the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center. Julie has given presentations on current nonprofit reporting requirements and assists clients with meeting their respective compliance standards. As an additional feature of the audit services, she often provides training in corporate governance to nonprofit organizations.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Fifth Year Masters level requirements for certification in Florida, Nova University
- BBA in Accounting, Southern Arkansas University
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Florida and New York
AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center, Member
- Chapman Partnership, Board of Trustees
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors and Finance Committee
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Nonprofit and Business Committee
- Leadership Miami Alumna
- Broward County Housing Authority, Audit Committee
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2009 South Florida Business Journal Key Partners Award for Accounting Finalist
- 2009 South Florida Business Leader Movers and Shakers Award Finalist