WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AUDIT STAFF II TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN THE ORLANDO OFFICE
Moore Stephens Lovelace, CPAs and Advisors (MSL) is a leading provider of tax, accounting, business advisory and financial services. With offices in Miami, Orlando, Tampa and Tallahassee, Florida, as well as, Milwaukee WI, we service clients throughout the country. MSL has a diverse practice that services public and privately owned businesses. This service is provided locally with additional resources provided through our membership in Moore Stephens North America and Moore Stephens International, Ltd, an association of 314 independent accounting and consulting firms with 638 offices in 97 countries. As a result, MSL can provide unparalleled depth to its clients while providing local, effective solutions.
The Audit Staff II is an exempt position operating at a supportive level within the Firm in order to examine and analyze a variety of accounting records from a diverse client base. Must demonstrate superior accounting knowledge to make informed opinions on client’s financial status. The Audit Staff II is primarily responsible for completing any aspects of an audit engagement binder for healthcare, governmental and middle market clients. Sound judgement, an ability to increase knowledge in the industry and exemplary client service skills are vital to success.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Examine accounting records to identify exposure areas that need to be addressed within engagement.
- Make recommendations regarding improving operations and financial position of the client.
- Obtain sufficient relevant data to afford a reasonable basis for conclusions.
- Review all work papers and product before submission for further review.
- Ability to develop rapport with current clients and cultivate relationships with new clients.
- Strong time management skills with ability to work within predetermined budget.
- Superior critical analysis skills, with skilled use of engagement software and Microsoft Excel.
- Develop personal network while promoting the Firm at local professional and civic events.
Some supervision of Staff I and Intern employees will be needed in order to advance within the Firm. These responsibilities are assigned according to employee’s leadership skills.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college.
- Minimum of 2 + years of relevant accounting experience in a public accounting firm.
- State CPA license a competitive advantage.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Obtained Master’s degree or actively pursuing Master’s degree in relevant subject area.
- Continuing professional education (CPE) to attain certifications and increase industry expertise and specialization.
- Actively working towards obtaining a state CPA license.
Please send resume to email@example.com