WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR 3 EXPERIENCED AUDIT SENIOR MEMBERS; THAT WILL BE BASED OUT OF OUR ORLANDO, MIAMI AND TAMPA OFFICES
Moore Stephens Lovelace, P.A. (MSL) is a leading provider of accounting, business advisory and financial services in Florida and the Southeast. The Firm is celebrating 40 years of service to its clients and community. Today, we serve clients from offices in Orlando, the Tampa Bay area, Miami, and Tallahassee, Florida.
MSL has specialized practice groups in the areas of business tax, senior housing, long-term care, community-based healthcare, governmental, SEC/corporate finance, not-for-profit, employee benefit plans, fraud and forensic accounting, professional services firms, high-tech/manufacturing and litigation support.
The Audit Senior is an exempt position operating at a supervisory level within the Firm in order to effectively review and complete work on all aspects on an audit engagement. Must demonstrate strong proficiency with GAAP, plus other laws and regulations pertaining to the public accounting industry. The Audit Senior is primarily responsible for examining client financial documents in order to determine correct regulatory procedures were followed, and to make recommendations on financial positioning and action for our external clients. As this role oversees the daily activities of Staff I & II incumbents, advanced accounting knowledge, strong supervisory skills and superior critical analysis techniques are vital to success.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ensure engagement has been properly planned (maintaining 90% realization), that documents provide sufficient evidence of Firm’s opinion, and financial statements are free of material misstatement.
2. Prepare budgets for all engagements and communicate these to all involved staff.
3. Identify exposure areas in engagements, make recommendations and prepare reports concerning scope of audit and financial conditions found.
4. Review all staff workpapers and product before submitting to management for final review.
5. Other duties as assigned by Team Leader or Shareholders.
1. Proficient in coaching team members to better achieve departmental goals.
2. Lead effectively as part of a client service team by demonstrating interpersonal management skills.
3. Strong cross-selling skills to be used in identifying opportunities with existing client base.
4. Ability to develop rapport with peers and clients, and develop new, profitable relationships.
This position will directly supervise Audit Staff I & II positions. The Audit Senior assists with interviewing and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, and resolving problems. The position will report to the Audit Supervisor, Audit Manager & Shareholder-in-Charge.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college.
2. Minimum of three years of relevant public accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibility.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Obtained Master’s degree or actively pursuing Master’s degree in relevant subject area.
2. State CPA license strongly desired.
3. Continuing professional education (CPE) to attain certifications and increase industry expertise and specialization.
Please send resume to email@example.com