MOORE STEPHENS LOVELACE, P.A. IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN AUDIT MANAGER TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Moore Stephens Lovelace, P.A. (MSL) is a leading provider of accounting, business advisory and financial services in Florida and the Southeast. The Firm is celebrating 40 years of service to its clients and community. Today, we serve clients from offices in Orlando, Tampa, Miami, and Tallahassee, Florida.
MSL has specialized practice groups in the areas of business tax, senior housing, long-term care, community-based healthcare, governmental, SEC/corporate finance, not-for-profit, employee benefit plans, fraud and forensic accounting, professional services firms, high-tech/manufacturing and litigation support.
The Audit Manager is an exempt position operating at a strategically-advanced level within the Firm in order to manage engagements and develop relationships with existing or new clients. Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage teams. The Audit Manager is primarily responsible for client service and practice development within their area of expertise. This role will be located in our Miami office on the for-profit, middle market segment of our Audit team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare budgets for engagements, review all work papers and make recommendations to improve operations and financial position of the client.
- Supervise all subordinates to ensure timely, professional completion of engagements to the clients’ utmost satisfaction, while striving to increase billable hours with value added services.
- Accept responsibility for collections, staff evaluations, staff training and client service.
- Coordinate priorities for work loads, Shareholder demands and client requests.
- Network, and follow-up on qualified prospects to convert those prospects into clients.
- Train, coach and manage subordinate staff to achieve goals and satisfy clients.
- Ability to cross-sell opportunities among existing clients and advocate for other practice groups.
- Update, prepare and present CPE, in-house training and other presentations.
- Develop a personal practice development plan.
- Supervisory Responsibility
This position will directly supervise Audit Staff I & II, Audit Seniors and Audit Supervisors in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include training employees, assigning and directing work, performance appraisals and resolving team issues.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant accounting experience, with previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Active state CPA license required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Obtained Master’s degree or actively pursuing Master’s degree in relevant subject area.
- Continuing professional education (CPE) to attain certifications and increase industry expertise and specialization.
- Development of an industry niche.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org